How do you start your day when you fire up LinkedIn for social connecting, sales success, job search etc.?
Know what you plan to accomplish in the time you have on LinkedIn. Let’s say you have only a half hour to make a presence on LinkedIn today. Without a plan, you may end up here, there and everywhere. The next thing you know time has gone by with nothing more than reading a lot of post headlines and articles with no real social connecting. Hey, reading is key BUT so is responding to the content.
Have a plan and work your plan
A short checklist to plan your precious time while on LinkedIn. Not rocket science but a useful list to refer to. Don’t miss at the bottom of this list is a link to download and print.
LinkedIn tried and true tips
Note: Mix it up daily!
- Today, I will like/comment to five (5) of my connections posts
- Today, I will share a few posts that I particularly like and find of great value
- Today, I will look at ‘who you may know’ (LinkedIn suggestions) and request connections
- Today, I will enter a couple of my groups and add my insight to a question or article
- Today, I will go to my connections tab and wish someone a happy birthday or congrats on a new position
- Today, I will update my status with another’s great content found on LinkedIn or another platform
- Today, I will respond to a couple messages (that are not deemed spam) with a thank you or no thank you
- Today, I will share a helpful article with your favorite group on LinkedIn
- Today, I will purposely seek to give honest, constructive feedback to an opinion I may not necessarily agree with
- Today, I will use the endorsements feature to increase my visibility by endorsing others
- Today, I will give a recommendation to another I have worked with or who have positively influenced me professionally
- Today, I will write an article that does not promote myself – but offers insight as to who I am as a person personally and professionally. Be human!
Anyway, I just wanted to share with you some daily to-do’s to being on LinkedIn and thought perhaps you, your business, coworkers and office staff could benefit. Have any specific questions about the tips above? Leave a comment below and I’ll respond soonest.
★Also, please add to the list in the comments. Your strategy matters! ★
One final note on this topic…when I first started on LinkedIn I didn’t know which way to go. (Again) I was here, there, and everywhere. One breakthrough idea was to start noting my actions on the platform as well as closely watching what others were doing. For several years I keenly observed and that is where this list was born. For more concrete lists/tips visit our SlideShare uploads – there you’ll find this list in a printable format as well as another titled: 5 Best Practices to Get Started on LinkedIn and Staying Connected
Carla Deter is the founder of LinkedIn Profile & Executive Resume Writing Service located in the Washington, DC area. Her ‘solutions, not services’ include supporting a full range of professional levels from C-Suite, small business, entrepreneurs, associations, attorneys, realtors, and busy executives with LinkedIn Profile Optimization and Audit Review, Executive Resume Reformation and all areas of Business Content Writing. She is a contributing writer for The Huffington Post as well as various other online media publications. She can be found on LinkedIn and Twitter: @FXVAcarlad Read more…