- Your industry and location are current
- Up-to-date current position (with description)
- Two past positions (under “Experience”)
- Your education is added
- Skills are added (use all 50 available)
- Profile photo (a professional one please)
- Claim your personalized LinkedIn profile URL (linkedin.com/in/yourname)
- Text links to website, blogs, and third-party sites (and make sure the links point to the correct website)
- Your profile has been proofread and is error-free (grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization)
- Your Headline uses all 120 characters to maximum advantage (non-mobile character limit)
- Information in your LinkedIn profile is concise yet comprehensive and provides a good representation of your career and qualifications
- Keywords relevant to your job target are woven throughout your LinkedIn profile (helping increase your ability to be found online)
- Your profile answers this question: “Would I want to hire someone with this profile?”
- Your profile is attention-getting and persuasive
- Experience section is relevant to the job target sought and is not limited only to paid work.
- Summary is well constructed and distinctive. The Summary concisely tells who you are and what you want to do with your professional career. An effective Summary is unique and could only describe you, and not someone else
- Narrative is an appropriate length (maximizes the words allowed — up to 2,000 characters)
- Summary contains interesting information that will entice the reader to want to read more of your LinkedIn profile
- The Summary has an effective rhythm and flow to it
- Your Summary does not duplicate information found elsewhere in the profile — instead, it enhances it
Thanks so much for reading our list of proven strategies to optimize your LinkedIn profile. It works – trust us as we’ve been doing this for clients for 6+ years now. Want to learn more?
Who are we? Located in Washington, D.C., our goal is to make you and your profile/resume visible to job recruiters and sales prospects on a 24/7 basis. LinkedIn Profiles & Executive Resume writing service provides professional branding writing and consultancy with a specialty in LinkedIn profile and company page writing, resume writing, cover and thank you letters as well as resume and profile audit and review via hour-long consultation calls. Our profiles and resumes are carefully ‘hand-crafted’ to have the strongest possible appeal to potential employers, to spotlight your personal & professional brand and more. Although we have a team who performs administrative tasks our owner/SH-EO ‘handcrafts’ all writing projects. Our philosophy is ‘consult with the owner – work with the owner.’
Who are our clients? We provide services to everyone from newly qualified individuals looking to start promising careers to those wanting a change of career, and individuals taking a step up in their careers and to those who realize it’s time to brand themselves online. A blank online page of you isn’t the best professional you.
We write for all levels of professions & industries: ► Small Business ► Entrepreneurs ► Consultants ► Speakers ► Job Seekers ► Experts ► PhDs ► C-Suite ► Executives ► Recruiters ► Human Resources ► Sales Professionals & MORE!
Business Consulting | Executives | Finance | Government | Healthcare | Human Resources | IT | Legal Services | Military | Media | Nonprofit | Oil & Energy | Pharma | Authors & Writers | Professional Services | Real Estate | Recruiting | Religion | Retail | Sales & Marketing | Sports | Supply Chain & MORE!
What is our objective? To help our clients prepare winning professional LinkedIn profiles, resumes, company pages, cover letters and more. We want to know as much about your career history as possible – your input is paramount. We know that you know your top achievements, skill sets and absolute experiences and accomplishments that will stand out from the rest. This is why we don’t just take your resume and get to work. We provide you a questionnaire with thought-provoking questions to aid in the recall of your accomplishments and value-added responsibilities.